Saturday, October 18, 2008

My season 2008 by Firdaus

Soccer Season 2008
(Reported by Muhd Firdaus)



(Firdaus receiving his runner up medal in the Chamions League Final. Well done Boy !)

This season was my most wonderful experience in soccer.
There were many happy and sad moments.

During the first match, we had beaten an average standard school 5-1.
The goal that we had conceeded was my mistake.
I had tackled our opponents striker in the penalty box and it ended up as a penalty kick.
That goal happened as I was unsure of what to do.

It was my first competitive match playing as a centre back. The next matches was better as I had improved a bit but had done some mistakes. During a match againts one of the Bukit Panjang neighbourhood school.

I had scored a goal and it was my first goal of the season. That goal come from a corner kick and it was quite an interesting goal.
During a match againts Jurongville, it was said to be the hardest during the west zone group stages, as they are in the second placing, while we are in the first place.

(Firdaus closing down a Sports School player during the Champions League Final)

It was the hardest match during the west zone group stages.
My captain, Jasvin, had told me that Jurongville is not a good school and we could beat them if we have confidence and we played with teamwork.

We then played well and had beat them by a few goals. After a few games in the west zone group stages, we had qualified for the semi-finals. We had met Regent and had all played with our full strength and we had beat Regent.
That was one of my most well played games as I had all cleared all the balls to the front neatly and well.

During that match I was voted the man of the match by Mr Ng my coach.
We then had qualified for the west zone finals and we had met Jurongville which we had previously met during the group stages.
Although Jurongville had brought three buses of supporters while we only had a few supporters, we had played very hard.

During the first twenty minutes, my captain and I had score from half of the field.
I was so happy to score that goal as it was unexpected.
Unfortunately, there was a heavy rain and lightning alert and the game was called off and postponed.

(Firdaus getting some advice from his coach Mr Ng)

After a few weeks, the west zone finals had arrived.
This time we had no supporters while Jurongville had two buses of supporters.
During this game, we had played a terrible game as most of the players had not performed, but we was so lucky and we had beaten Jurongville by one goal and we are the west zone champion.

I felt that Jurongville should win the title but they just had no luck.

Before the holiday, we had played againts the police team. This is the second time we had played againts them. The first time we had played with them, we lost.

But during the second game, we had beaten them with a few goals.
After a few goals, they conceeded, they had looked as though they were fed up and had played roughly.

I was tackled after clearing a ball and I was injured. During the two days of injury, I could not walk and was sent to the hospital.
T
hey had bandage my leg and I felt like I had no energy to use my injured left leg. After a week, we had a soccer trip to Medan and we had played againts Medan’s team and they were very skillful and fast players. I only get to play less then twenty minutes because of my injured leg.

During that trip, we had learned many things about the culture in Indonesia and also about the Batak people.

I really enjoyed the trip.

(Seconds later, the referee awarded a penalty against Hong Kah Sec. It was not a penalty!)

After the holiday, we had started our National round.
During the group stages, we had played againts teams form different places.
During the National round, my team had mostly displayed a terrible performance and lack of teamwork.

Our first match was againts Bedok view, it was an exciting match. We had scoring chances and had beat them by a few foals.

Our hardest match was againts Sport School which we had lost by more than one goal. That is the most terrible match that I had played.

In my opinion the referee was biased towards Hong Kah.
During that game I was awarded a yellow card.

The last match was againts Fuchun and we had to win that game to enter the semi-final. We had played very well for that game. Although we had missed most of the scoring chances, we beat Fuchun by a goal.

After the match, we celebrated as we qualified or the Champions League semi-finals.

(Firdaus getting into defensive position to stop the Sports School attack.

He did well, Sports School had very few chances against a packed and disciplined defence)

The semi-final was against Greenview.
During that match, I prevented a goal from entering the goal posts.

We had beaten Greenview by a penalty shootout.

In my opninion, Greenview should win the match as they had more chances and their defence had done very well to stop us from attacking.

The night before the final, I had slept early and had drank a lot of water so that I could not be dehydrated during the final. I had told myself not to be scared of sports school and play with my fullest energy so that sports school strikers could not pass me easily.

I also told myself to play well so that i would not disgrace myself in front of our supporters.

(Firdaus enjoying the boat trip with Tamash at Lake Toba Medan)

During that match, everybody in the team had done well and most of the players who played had ran all over the field and cramped.

We controlled the match very well and had most of the chances.

But luck was not on our side and Sports School had attacked us from the left side and scored two goals.

In my opinion we were the ones who should have won the title but not Sports School.

This was the most memorable experience as it was my first time being a big match such as a national final.

No comments: